Tuesday 3 July 2012

The last couple of months have been very full.

In may I organized and curated The Chalet Art Prize in Glasgow, part of the Streetland Festival this year. We had an exciting time at the show with judges Jason Mathis and Erica Eyres. An outstanding artist, Benjamin Rankin took home a healthy cash prize for "Procession" pictured below. We had a great turn out and look forward to where the prize is headed for 2013.



Back in San Antonio just before June and enjoyed supporting Blue Star, the local contemporary art center during their Red Dot exhibition. Two recent sculptures of my mine were exhibited and I'm happy to have helped the center raise funds with the sale of "My What Big Teeth You Have."



July looks like a full month as well as I prepare for a two man show with my partner Elizabeth McDonald scheduled for August 11th at 107 Studios (formerly LoneStar Studios) in the South Flores Arts District. The gallery is being reopened under the curation of Lullwood Group presenting a series of shows every second saturday of the month. These four guys will be there, and they are looking forward to meeting you if your in the area and care to swing by.


If you haven't been by aesthetiac.com lately you may not know another bit of good news from the last few months. Both Elizabeth and I are now represented by Ruiz-Healy Art for our San Antonio clients. I'm looking forward to working with Katy and Patricia at the Gallery and have been very impressed thus far with the exposure they have brought to my work and the support they have provided my practice.



It has been a great summer so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment